By Ann Bond
Read or Download A Guide to the Harpsichord PDF
Best stage & theatre books
(Amadeus). Ayke Agus got here to Jascha Heifetz as a violin pupil in his grasp classification on the college of Southern California; after he made her the category pianist she quickly turned his inner most accompanist and eventually his assistant and confidant. Her e-book is a loving but unblinking testimony to a special dating among an getting older grasp and his disciple.
(Applause Books). "I locate John's severe writing immensely pleasing even if i am not in contract. .. He has the reward, this type of infrequent one, of having the ability to investigate the paintings in query, as a way to say why it's that it is so strong, so touching; or, however, so trite, so meretricious, or so banal.
This introductory advisor to at least one of Marlowe's such a lot widely-studied performs deals a scene-by-scene theatrically conscious statement, a short heritage of the textual content and primary performances, case reviews of key performances and productions, a survey of monitor variations, and a large sampling of serious opinion and extra interpreting.
This booklet combines functionality research with modern political philosophy to boost new methods of knowing either political functionality and the performativity of the politics of the road. Our occasions are pre-eminently political instances and feature drawn radical responses from many theatre and functionality practitioners.
- The Voodoo That They Did So Well: The Wizards Who Invented the New York Stage
- Teaching Introduction to Theatrical Design: A Process Based Syllabus in Costumes, Scenery, and Lighting
- Kitchen Sink Realisms: Domestic Labor, Dining, and Drama in American Theatre (Studies Theatre Hist & Culture)
- Commercial Acting in L.A.: A Session Director's Guide
- The Beauty of the Real: What Hollywood Can Learn from Contemporary French Actresses
- From Plantation to Paradise?: Cultural Politics and Musical Theatre in French Slave Colonies, 1764–1789
Extra resources for A Guide to the Harpsichord