By Robert Bryson-Richardson,Silke Berger,Peter Currie
Zebrafish are extensively thought of an outstanding model system for vertebrate improvement. The embryo is obvious, thereby allowing visualization and use of labelling and transgenic techniques. additionally, as a result ease of inducing new mutations in zebrafish and similarity with the human genome, this organism can be used successfully for ailment stories. for instance, mutant zebrafish are being applied for trying out medications that may strive against a number of human ailments, from Alzheimer's and melanoma to kidney failure and congenital middle affliction. For the 1st time, this atlas presents the learn group with an entire reference for zebrafish anatomy spanning the early embryo the entire option to adulthood.
The authors hire the means of optical projection tomography (OPT), and provide a sequence of sections in a number of planes from each one pattern. The contents are geared up by means of developmental phases, with over two hundred photos that comprise annotations describing anatomical buildings correct to improvement. furthermore, chapters function explanatory textual content that highlights significant advancements within the zebrafish in the course of each one stage.
- Provides the 1st complete anatomical source that covers all areas of zebrafish anatomy from the larval interval to adulthood
- The over 2 hundred photographs contain explanatory notes
- Each bankruptcy incorporates a concise description of key anatomical beneficial properties that consider zebrafish development
- Despite decades of use as a version approach, previously there hasn't ever been a advisor to zebrafish on the larval stage
- The book's web site encompasses a database of over 10k sections from diverse areas in addition to 3D photos which are interactive
Read or Download Atlas of Zebrafish Development PDF
Similar developmental biology books
Present issues in Developmental Biology presents a accomplished survey of the key issues within the box of developmental biology. The volumes are important to researchers in animal and plant improvement, in addition to to scholars and execs who wish an creation to mobile and molecular mechanisms of improvement.
The sphere of genetics is swiftly evolving, and new scientific breakthroughs are happening because of advances in our wisdom of genetics. This sequence continuously publishes vital stories of the broadest curiosity to geneticists and their colleagues in affiliated disciplines. contains tools for checking out with moral, criminal, and social implicationsCritically analyzes destiny
This new quantity of present subject matters in Developmental Biology covers epigenetics and improvement, with contributions from a global board of authors. The chapters offer a finished set of stories overlaying such subject matters as epigenetic marking of the zebrafish developmental software, features of DNA methylation and hydroxymethylation in mammalian improvement, and reprogramming and the pluripotent stem cellphone cycle.
Craniofacial improvement is a multistep and complex technique at first related to a couple of inductive interactions that keep watch over neural and neural crest improvement, that are by way of a chain of epithelial-mesenchymal interactions that keep watch over outgrowth, patterning, and skeletal differentiation.
- The Driving Forces of Evolution: Genetic Processes in Populations
- Antibiotics and Antibiotic Resistance in the Environment
- Cellular Adhesion in Development and Disease (Current Topics in Developmental Biology)
- Stem Cells: Scientific Facts and Fiction
Extra resources for Atlas of Zebrafish Development